60 years in the family
The campsite in Göttingerode was opened for the first time at Whitsun 1956.
In the beginning the 8000 m² was only open for campers during the summer months and dominated by a large military tent containing a small restaurant, the reception, the sleeping arrangements for family Gilge, and divided from the rest by a piece of tent fabric ... the sanitary arrangements for the guests.
Up until the middle of the 60's most campers lived in small tents, but then the first caravans appeared and towards the end of the 80's the first motor caravans arrived on the scene.
In 1962 the military tent made way for the first brick built house, which was extended and enlarged at the end of the 60's.